Monday, January 31, 2011

Resource: Civil War Faces (Library of Congress)

The Liljenquist family donated a large collection of Civil War Soldier photographs to the Library of Congress and the LOC has posted several on a Flicker account here: Link

There have even been attempts to identify some of the soldiers, like this photo of someone's beloved son: Carl, died April 1, 1865...

Though I haven't done it yet, I am sorely tempted to purchase as many old portrait photographs as I can at antique malls regardless as to whether I'm related or know who the person in the photo is. I think the only thing that has prevented me from doing it so far is lack of funds while in college. Seeing them makes me feel sad, like the photos are all orphans that need to be adopted. Anybody else get that urge to buy them like I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment