Saturday, January 29, 2011

Resource: Memorials & Monuments in Portsmouth


I found this website when I googled my 11th great-grandfather Colonel William Willoughby. Coincidently, I found this when a year before, I had been in Portsmouth Cathedral and the Royal Dockyards on a pleasure trip. I find him extremely interesting because I already had a minor interest in the Royal Navy at the time, and after generations of my family being in as few records as seemingly possible, as I'm sure you all understand, to find him and his son (Francis Willoughby, Lieutenant Governor of Massachusetts) in several government documents was absolutely fantastic to find.

All I'm saying is do a quick Google search of any ancestors with a few location or date parameters, sooner rather than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment